Sunday, January 10, 2010

Update on Diocese of Evreux

I reported this past Monday on the situation in the French Diocese of Evreux.  My friends at Fratres have an update and it is good news indeed!  The nuncio to France, Archbishop Luigi Ventura (just recently appointed by Pope Benedict XVI) has apparently instructed Bishop Nourrichard to back off and let the good Father Michel function in his parish in peace. 

This situation has drawn much international interest and I would think this bodes well worldwide.  Some of my fellow bloggers have closed with "Deo Gratias".  Amen to that, but I'll also add "Merci Deu"!

1 comment:

  1. This is an interesting story. I wish there were more coverage of it than just what is happening on the blogs. I hope the parishioners have done the right thing. I know the bishop was appointed by Benedict XVI in 2006. Can't find any other info. on him though.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and courteous to others on this blog. We reserve the right to delete comments that violate courtesy and/or those that promote dissent from the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.