- how the Church can "better welcome those in stable same-sex unions"
- to "develop" the Church's teaching on human sexuality
- calling for a "theology of love" as opposed to "theology of the body"
- "the importance of the human sex drive"
- admitting remarried divorcees to Holy Communion (of course!)
One participant said that next October's synod would be a "failure" if it affirmed what the Church has already taught. If that was the general attitude of all the attendees, perhaps all should be defrocked and/or have their teaching credentials revoked, but I digress. Among those in attendance was Father Eberhard Schockenhoff, who vociferously opposes Humanae Vitae and favors same-sex relationships. With that splotch to his name, one must wonder why he would have been included in this pow-wow. Or maybe we know the reason all too well.
Father Z and One Peter Five both have commentaries on this meeting. The latter blogger believes this is a harbinger of schism. I believe he is correct. Ladies and gentlemen, we need to pray for our Church. In order to do so, we must cease playing pollyanna and remove our rose-colored glasses. The rot is within the Vatican itself.