The Lepanto Institute has done stellar work in exposing the malevolence of the Catholic Relief Services. They recently published a piece outlining some of their most egregious violations of Catholic moral teachings. In that post, Hichborn published a slip that can be used during CRS collection times. Please keep that page open; I'll return to it in a minute.
Hichborn didn't include every wrong of the CRS in his litany; others can be found here (and this is most likely not exhaustive either). Let me highlight a few other "lowlights" from CRS's checkered record.
- Thanks to Lepanto, we learned that a CRS vice president was "married" to his accomplice in the mortal sin of sodomy. The man made no secret of it, blasting it all over his twitter page. It was only after public scrutiny was brought to bear on the situation that the man resigned.
- In 2005, while Terri Schiavo was being deliberately starved to death in the Diocese of St Petersburg Florida, the local bishop, Robert Lynch gave thinly-veiled approval to her murderous husband to have his way with her. At the time, Bishop Lynch was chairman of the board of CRS. That brings us to the third "bullet".
- The pro-euthanasia crowd in Florida was being heavily funded by George Soros during the struggle for Terri's life. If you read the link from the second bullet, you'll see that Soros was also funding CRS (along with other progrssive "katholyc" organizations).
- Please read my anthology of prior posts and follow the links to learn more of CRS. Clearly they are utterly unworthy of one penny from faithful Catholics.
So how do we faithful Catholics do Operation Rice Bowl? First, we give them not one red cent. As Lepanto stated in that first link, there will be more information released; I'll notify you as it becomes available. So here are the steps to our Operation Rice Bowl.
- Pick up one of those "rice bowls" from your church lobby and assemble it.
- At the bottom of the Lepanto article is a note that you can use to let CRS know why you'll not contribute.
- Place that note in your now-assembled "rice bowl". I intend to sign mine, but that's optional.
- When your parish announces that it's time to return the rice bowls to church, please do so. Yours will have the note and no money.
Like most progressive "katholyc" organizations, the only language CRS seems to understand is that of $ka-ching$. Well, let's speak it and encourage all faithful Catholics to do the same. Give the money that you would have donated to CRS to a worthy organization, such as your local pro-life pregnancy center. Please spread the word on your own social media cites and among your contacts.