Last January I closed a post in which I questioned the wisdom of our participation in this collection. This was a post in which it was made known that pro-abortionist Paul Ehrlich spoke at a Vatican conference. There are many more egregious acts of this papacy:
- Similar invitations to Jeffrey Sachs, Naomi Klein, Jerry Brown
- The promulgation of documents and papers that contain population control language
- The savage demolition of traditionally-oriented orders such as Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- An ever-growing list of insults hurled mostly at Catholics who love Our Lord and His immutable traditioinis.
- A commission that will soon meet with the express purpose of reinterpreting Humanae Vitae in the light of Amoris Laetitia
This list is by no means exhaustive. Moreover, with the passing of time it will grow. I for one do not want to finance that growth. I will boycott the Peter's Pence collection and give that money to a local worthwhile charity that honors the Church's mission or at least does not work to undermine it or partner with Church enemies. Please consider doing the same.