So what does the MCC consider to be hallmarks of "success"? Here's the list:
- Death penalty repeal - for hardened criminals, that is. Innocent babies are still fair game.
- Textbook funding - the "thirty pieces of silver" for which they literally sell their souls
- Drivers' licenses for immigrants - undocumented immigrants, that is. In other words, criminals
- Gun violence - in other words, they lent their voices so they could shill for Obama's gun grab
Some of you might recall the post I produced a few days ago illustrating why I believe "gun control" actually runs counter to Magisterial teaching. I believe the push for death penalty repeal also constitutes departure from Church teaching. I will have a post on that shortly.
But the MCC acknowledges that not all was peaches and cream during this session.
- Abortion statistics keeping and ban after 20 weeks - failed
- A bill to require information on adoption for expectant mothers failed.
These last two items aren't minor disappointments, in my opinion. The lack of action on these (plus what the MCC calls "successes") rendered this Annapolis session to be an abominable failure. Unless there are changes of faces in 2014, we can expect more legislative slop. Will we also have to expect that the MCC will drool enthusiastically over that?