Here is a piece from Center for Consumer Freedom showing how the Humane Society of the United States is not so "humane" after all. As you read this, note that one of the proponents of these nutty ideas is a subsidiary of Discovery Channel; did the "chickens come home to roost" last week?
Another so-called "respectable" adherent of the anti-human mindset is the European Union. They are considering a proposal to limit the usage of animals in medical research. A relevant portion of that proposal is, “Member States shall ensure that, wherever possible, a scientifically satisfactory method or testing strategy, not entailing the use of live animals, shall be used instead of a procedure.” And what might be such a "satisfactory method"? You guessed it! They would opt for the use of human embryos for said research. By the way - that's living human embryos! Joseph Mengele (the notorious Nazi doctor) would be so proud!
An analysis of this type would be incomplete without examing the revelatory gems from the Grand Madam Of Eugenics And Human-Life Haters herself, Margaret Sanger, foundress of Planned Parenthood. I take most of these from two websites: one called "In Her Own Words" and the other "EadsHome Ministries". They are unadulterated quotes from Sanger, for no sane person could make up the crap that issued forth from that woman. To wit:
- "The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it."
Margaret Sanger, Women and the New Race
- "...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people
- "More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." Birth Control Review, May 1919, p. 12
- "The undeniably feeble-minded should, indeed, not only be discouraged but prevented from propagating their kind." Margaret Sanger, quoted in Charles Valenza. "Was Margaret Sanger a Racist?" Family Planning Perspectives, January-February 1985, page 44.
- "Our failure to segregate morons who are increasing and multiplying ... demonstrates our foolhardy and extravagant sentimentalism ... [Philanthropists] encourage the healthier and more normal sections of the world to shoulder the burden of unthinking and indiscriminate fecundity of others; which brings with it, as I think the reader must agree, a dead weight of human waste. Instead of decreasing and aiming to eliminate the stocks that are most detrimental to the future of the race and the world, it tends to render them to a menacing degree dominant ... We are paying for, and even submitting to, the dictates of an ever-increasing, unceasingly spawning class of human beings who never should have been born at all." Margaret Sanger. The Pivot of Civilization, 1922. Chapter on "The Cruelty of Charity," pages 116, 122, and 189. Swarthmore College Library edition
NOTE - Because I'm sure to uncover more of these nutso beliefs, I will append to this post as I do so, to conserve space (see, I'm "green" too - just kidding!)