Sunday, October 30, 2022

The SSPX - Preservers Of The Holy Mass

Bishop Athanasius Schneider was recently in the country.  I had the opportunity to hear him in person a few weeks ago, and I might elaborate on that in another post.  For now, I'll post a LifeSiteNews summary of things that he stated regarding the SSPX.  First I'll post my own comments about the SSPX.

In the early days of the pandemic shutdown (spring of 2020), all the Catholic churches in the area were locked.  No one could go to Mass in person and no one could receive actual Holy Communion.  This was by order of the bishops, an order that actually exceeded the already-draconian measures demanded by the governments.  Only the SSPX offered in-person Mass, with the opportunity to physically receive Holy Communion.  Mind you, these were the "parking lot" Masses where we had to remain in our cars, but at least we were present for Mass and could receive Our Lord.  I had to drive 2-3 hours each way, but it was well worth the time and effort.  Without the SSPX I and others would have been starved of the Eucharist.  If things ever get nutty again, I will attend SSPX masses in a heartbeat.

Now for the LifeSite piece, and I especially recommend this to those who insist on claiming that the SSPX is schismatic and that I and others are guilty of schism or other such nonsense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and courteous to others on this blog. We reserve the right to delete comments that violate courtesy and/or those that promote dissent from the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.