Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Monday's Secret Pow-Wow At The Vatican - A Harbinger Of Schism?

This past Monday, Cardinal Reinhard Marx hosted a closed meeting of various prelates and theologians at the Pontifical Gregorian University, reports Edward Pentin in the National Catholic Register.  This was held as a sort of brainstorming for the next October synod.  Among the "topics" discussed:
  • how the Church can "better welcome those in stable same-sex unions"
  • to "develop" the Church's teaching on human sexuality
  • calling for a "theology of love" as opposed to "theology of the body"
  • "the importance of the human sex drive"
  • admitting remarried divorcees to Holy Communion (of course!)
One participant said that next October's synod would be a "failure" if it affirmed what the Church has already taught.  If that was the general attitude of all the attendees, perhaps all should be defrocked and/or have their teaching credentials revoked, but I digress.  Among those in attendance was Father Eberhard Schockenhoff, who vociferously opposes Humanae Vitae and favors same-sex relationships.  With that splotch to his name, one must wonder why he would have been included in this pow-wow.  Or maybe we know the reason all too well.

Father Z and One Peter Five both have commentaries on this meeting.  The latter blogger believes this is a harbinger of schism.  I believe he is correct.  Ladies and gentlemen, we need to pray for our Church.  In order to do so, we must cease playing pollyanna and remove our rose-colored glasses.  The rot is within the Vatican itself.

2 comments:

  1. 'The rot is within the Vatican itself.' I have been aware of this for a long time now. The only distinction is 'how pervasive the rot is'. This has been an eye opener as to just how vile and just how all encompassing the stench has permeated. It's undoubtedly by now a living breathing cesspool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly a new religion. Tell you the truth all of these novelties anger me and now confuse me greatly.

    Regarding another pet-project of this modernism is the equally Protestant and secular civil divorce and remarriage. . I'm a man who's wife divorced him, without me having any say.
    Since I'm trying to be catholic and pick up my cross by remaining married to the one I still love and took a vow with *even though she chose not to" I still wear my wedding band and consider myself married. Some may call this pathetic, but I call this trying to follow the words of Christ and his church.
    Yet now, and even some priests tell me I can remarry and receive the sacraments and it wouldn't be adultery? ?!!
    Long story short, it almost appears that us that follow the church the way it always had been are now being schismatic?? That is not "in union" with the Holy Father?
    I need guidance on my approach now snice it appears more pathetic to fellow "catholics" than trying to follow the magesterial truths.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and courteous to others on this blog. We reserve the right to delete comments that violate courtesy and/or those that promote dissent from the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.