I replied that we do, and others are, too. There are many strange things about the circumstances surrounding Paddock and the shooting itself. I won't rehash the points all these articles bring to light. Here are thoughts of Allen West, former army officer and presidential candidate. Other questions are stated here, here, here.
I link now to an article by George Neumayr regarding the intellectual vacuity of the "gun-control" argument. I too think that gun-control is just one step of the progressive goal to strip people of their identities as moral, free Christians and to transform us into docile minions of the "benevolent" nanny-state tyranny. Other steps include:
- The weakening of our moral strength by attempts to seduce into sexual licentiousness and perversions
- The persecution of Christians who don't bend to the gay mafia
- The attempts to water down pro-life and pro-family efforts with "seamless garbage" tripe
- The use of "common core" to dumb down our children so that they can't read or reason in linear and logical manners
- This list is by no means all-inclusive.