Thursday, September 27, 2012

Solid Catholic Voices On Voting

In yesterday's post I linked to Bishop Paprocki's letter on voting.  If you haven't read it yet, please do so.  Today I learned that Archbishop John Myers (Archdiocese of Newark, NJ) released a pastoral letter to his archdiocese entitled "When Two Become One: A Pastoral Teaching on the Definition, Purpose and Sanctity of Marriage".  I also recommend that to your reading.

Dr. Jeff Mirus of Catholic Culture released yesterday an article entitled "The Dangers of Voting Your Heart: An Intrinsically Moral Guide".  I also recommend that you read it.  A few weeks ago I posted on Voting and the Principle of Double Effect; therein I voiced (and, in my opinion, adequately substantiated) my belief that abstention from this presidential race is morally problematic.

Below is a video from Rosaryfilms that nicely sums up Catholic principles for voting in the United States.  Click here if you cannot see embedded video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and courteous to others on this blog. We reserve the right to delete comments that violate courtesy and/or those that promote dissent from the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.