Sunday, August 13, 2017

CCHD Collection Today

My apologies!  With different things going on (some of them personal), I forgot completely about the attempted in-pew shakedown that occurred today in the Archdiocese of Washington.  Yes, it was the CCHD collection, in which the donation dollars of many Catholics are diverted to various and sundry anti-God, anti-life and progressive organizations.

Fortunately, I could see as the basket came my way that it was quite empty.  I fully hope that by now faithful Catholics are getting the word that their contributions to this organization actually harms the true mission of the Church, that is, the salvation of souls.

I also noticed that they dropped that silly schtick about calling it "Communications and Human Development Campaign" and were at least honest about calling it the collection for Catholic Campaign for Human Development.

Despite my memory lapse, I pray that this collection fizzled, for the sake of Holy Mother Church.  Most of the nation's CCHD collections will happen in November (original nationwide date).  Let's be sure to boycott those collections too.

1 comment:

  1. It is getting late. Start defending the Catholic priest or forever be damned.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and courteous to others on this blog. We reserve the right to delete comments that violate courtesy and/or those that promote dissent from the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.