Sunday, April 19, 2020

Operation Gridlock MD - A First Hand View

In Friday's post I mentioned that I would be joining a protest of Governor Hogan's unconstitutional power grab with other MD citizens.  That I did and post my own video compilation below.  These are various snippets merged together so that is why you'll notice jumping from one scene to another.  This was a "drive-thru" protest, so all maintained "social distancing".  The State House was cordoned off so we didn't drive right by him.  However, the rather high buildings with streets emanating from the State House made for a nice echo chamber.  There was no escaping our horn blasts.  I understand similar protests will occur in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and other places during this next week.

Will we have to engage in further protest and actions?  Well, that's largely up to Hogan.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing that! I wasn’t aware of this. Or I would’ve participated too!! We need to stand up to these tyrannical Government overlords! God Bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!!!...GO FOR IT!....LET FREEDOM RING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it. I said weeks before all the "measures" were brought out that Americans are allergic to tyranny, it's in our DNA and our souls. We are pretty incapable of tolerating diktats, and it's not that we don't want to follow direction out of pride or anything like that. We cooperated. We followed sensible precautions and will STILL do so, because we comprehend the threat.
    But pointless limitations on our Constitutional freedom? Hell no. I'm a grandmother of three. I want my grandchildren to have the same Constitutional rights my grandparents had, and I will not sit still and allow some autocrat to deny me and mine our rights. Go America! Get out there and defend your rights if you need to. By all means, cooperate with sensible measures, this virus is KILLER, I don't care what people say, and over-60's need to take it seriously and quarantine, but we know when it goes past that into arbitrary controls, and this we must never tolerate.
    God bless all as we deal with this virus and aftermath, amen.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and courteous to others on this blog. We reserve the right to delete comments that violate courtesy and/or those that promote dissent from the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.