Monday, December 14, 2020

Dec 13th Jericho March

The #JerichoMarch #StopTheSteal rally in DC happened Saturday, Dec 12, Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.  Most of the activities, including the three concurrent marches, happened in the morning.  Because I was at my usual spot in front of a local abortion mill, I was not able to make those events. 

After I finished my time at the mill, I took the Metro to the Smithsonian stop.  I had an inkling that I had missed most of the events since I saw Trump supporters on the Metro who were leaving the area.  I saw more of them departing as I left the stop - but several thousands still remained.  The picture to the right, from the facebook page of a friend of mine, shows the crowds on the mall during the earlier hours.

I passed by a rally going on in front of the Smithsonian and proceeded to the Capitol and the Supreme Court building, where I knew Jericho Marches had occurred.  Several thousands still lingered.  As I arrived, so did two progressive hecklers on bikes.  One of them had some kind of recorder strapped to her back that was playing loudly the words "f*** Trump".  That's all it said.  The other carried some little cardboard sign that didn't say much of anything.  They were promptly contradicted by Trump supporters.  One of them told the hecklers that he respected their right to be there.  Indeed, the hecklers must have known that such would have been the mindset of us all.  Others of their ilk don't extend to us the same courtesy: more on that later.

Here's some amusing "street theater", in the person of the man in the skeleton costume.  The sad thing is that there are many progressives who did precisely that during the election, and probably cast more than nine votes.

As I was leaving and headed towards Union Station, I spotted DC police at the intersection of Constitution and First getting into riot gear.  This was in the area where the antifa person attacked a Trump supporter at the rally last month.  They were clearly anticipating trouble.  Several hours later, trouble did happen at McPherson Square, where antifa thugs stabbed four Trump supporters.

I saw one very important display in front of the Supreme Court, below.  These ladies have the right idea in calling to mind Our Lady of Fatima and her requests.

The fight for our nation, and by extension western civilization, is far from over.  Above all, our Rosaries and prayers are needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and courteous to others on this blog. We reserve the right to delete comments that violate courtesy and/or those that promote dissent from the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.