The blogosphere is alight with laments, prayers and remembrances. What I fail to see is questions about his death - which is quite frankly suspicious in nature.
- He was a member of an order that has become quite jaded owing to the horrendous scandals of its founder, Fr. Maciel.
- He had quite a presence in the social media world. Was he privy to sensitive information as a result?
- He played a prominent role in the Easter Mass. Did others see in him a target whose death might be seen as a signal of sorts?
- Was the noising abroad of his death intended to be a warning to others?
- People who are 29 years old don't routinely drop dead. There has to be a reason for his death. And no, the platitude "it must be God's will" simply won't suffice.
The Crud site reports that an autopsy is underway. That is the first time I heard of a comprehensive examination of this young man's death. Already some are trying to chalk his death to "natural causes". At 29??? Maybe that's the case, but the specific nature of these "natural causes" needs to be determined. In addition to praying for the repose of Brother Freeman's soul, let us pray that the investigation of his death be authentic as opposed to coverup-damage-control so as to reveal the whole truth.