Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Beautiful Sight!

Click here if you can't see embedded video.



I've got to hand it to Pelosi; her speach whilst handing the gavel was very gracious.  I do hope that Boehner learns to control the tear ducts; that really is unbecoming of him.  At any rate, our eyes are on this new crew.

Important note as of January 9th.  The above is the original post as of January 5th, to which I add the following addendum for clarification.  The video above is the actual handing over of the gavel.  There is an altered version of this clip, popularized by Jimmy Kimmel Live, changed to depict John Boehner committing assault and battery upon Nancy Pelosi.  For reasons that I cannot fathom, some think this to be a humorous video.  I beg to differ.  At best, the Kimmel clip is a sophomoric hack job.  Let me be very clear.  Nancy Pelosi, as Speaker of the House, did untold damage to this nation and I'm glad she is now relegated to a position that is less harmful to the nation.  However, she is a human being, made in the image and likeness of God.  As such, we are bound to pray for her and for her repentance, lest she pass away in a state of mortal sin.  As Christians, we are not at liberty to wish her harm nor to chortle at depictions of violence upon her person.  I believe that to be a lack of charity.  I also think the lack of charity in this video extends to John Boehner as well, for it shows him committing a vicious crime.  Since this was originally shown on Jimmy Kimmel Live, I've no reason to believe that a pro-life person created that trash; I hope I'm not proven wrong on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and courteous to others on this blog. We reserve the right to delete comments that violate courtesy and/or those that promote dissent from the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.